We Serve our Community
One of our biggest goals is to provide service to our community. Whether it is the collection of old spectacles for recycling, providing ‘Message in a Bottle’, hosting ‘It’s a Knock Out’ type events or our Santa’s Sleigh bringing holiday spirit to the children of Ashford. Our motto is ‘We Serve’ and we are here to help you.
If you or your organization needs a hand please reach out to us!
How about bringing any unwanted or old spectacles to a spectacle collection box? We’ll make sure they will be sorted for recycling and help others in need. Our collection boxes can be found at:
- Boots on Ashford High Street
- Vision Express on High Street
- Cargills Optometrists on North Street
- Ashford Library in the Gateway Plus
- as well as one in Asda Canterbury
Please note that the boxes are kept inside and therefore are only accessible during opening times.
Lions ‘Message in a Bottle’ is a simple, but effective, way to keep essential personal and medical details where they can be found in an emergency – the fridge.
Every year we think up new ways to raise funds for good causes. Events and activities which are also fun for participants to add enjoyment to fundraising. For instance, our biggest event is our Santa’s Sleigh, where Santa is visiting various neighbourhoods in our town in December. Throughout the year, we also run our ‘Beer slide’ game at fetes and fairs, as well as host quizzes and run online and pub raffles.
An excerpt of our regular annual activities:
- Raising funds for good causes and local charities.
- Supplying ‘Message in a Bottle’ to local pharmacies and upon request.
- Collecting old spectacles for recycling.
- Running pub raffles with large hampers and chocolate eggs.
- Hosting quizzes for entertainment.
- Creating online events for kids and adults to have fun and win prizes.
- Hosting ‘It’s a Knock Out’ type events for adults to play fun games, receive medals and win trophies.
- Supporting local charities, like the Pilgrims Hospice with their ‘Night to Shine’ and Summer Garden Fete.
- Supporting our local Fire Brigade with their fundraising activities for the Fire Fighter Charity.
- Attending local fairs with our Tee & Coffee stall and ‘Beer Slide’ game.
Would you like to participate? Do you have new ideas in mind? Feel free to reach out, we’d love to hear from you!
Lions causes we support:
- District South-East KSS Air Ambulance Appeal
- District South-East Sight Savers
- British Isles Disaster Appeal
- District South-East Belarus Appeal
- District South-East Youth Appeal
- British Isles Youth Appeal
- District South-East Activity Alliance
- District South-East Lifeskills
- Lions Brain Tumour and Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Over the years we support and made donations to:
- Home-Start Ashford & District
- Ashford Family Food Bank, Willesborough
- Open Arms Foundation (Kent)
- National Childbirth Trust NCT Ashford Branch
- East Kent Sands
- Sk8Side CIC Youth Club
- HI Kent
- Find A Voice
- Guide Dogs Ashford
- Canterbury Oast Trust
- Fairlawn Residential Short Break Service
- Ashford Community First Responders
- Ashford Borough Citizens Advice
- Friends of Downs View School
- Park Farm Playground Project, Kingsnorth
- … and many more