We Serve our Community
One of our biggest goals as Ashford Lions is to provide service to our community. Whether it is our Santa’s Sleigh bringing holiday spirit to the children of Ashford, the collection of eyeglasses for Sight First, hosting an It’s a Knock Out Event, and to providing Message in a Bottle. Our motto is “We Serve” and we are here to help and bring service to the community.
If your organization needs a hand please reach out to us!
Please Donate any unwanted glasses to help others in need.
Lions Message in a Bottle is a simple, but effective, way to keep essential personal and medical details where they can be found in an emergency – the fridge.
Every year we try and fundraise to raise money for both local and Lions International causes. Our biggest fundraising event is our Santa’s Sleigh, but we also run our beer slide at fetes and fairs as well as raffles throughout the year.
Over the course of the last year we have:
- Run Santa’s Sleigh around Ashford 15 Nights
- Ran a Christmas Hamper Raffle at 12 Pubs
- Helped supply “Message in a Bottle”
- Collected and recycled old spectacles
- Run the Easter Eggs raffle in our local pubs
- Created an online Ashford Easter Egg Hunt
- Hosted “It’s a Knock Out” 2016 and 2017
- Raised funds with our “Beer Slide”
- Handed out chocolates at the Pilgrims Hospices “Night to Shine”
- Built a float for the Hythe Venetian Fete
Over the last year we have made donations to:
- Pilgrims Hospice
- Home-Start Support and Friendship for Families
- Willesborough Windmill Trust
- East Kent Sands – Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity
- Carers Support
- Ashford Mediation
- RNLI Dungeness Lifeboat Station
- Ashford NCT
- Family Foodbank
- MacMillan Nurses
- Motor Neuron Disease Association
- Royal British Legion
- Uprising Youth Group
- Hothfield Youth Group
- Water Aid
- Sight Savers